Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Eye Candy

Our Design Team is kicking it up with their most recent assignments. I hope you will take a stroll through all their galleries. The designers include materials lists and general instructions to inspire and motivate you! We will be featuring various projects from day-to-day and also have our designers guest blog to share their techniques, and ideas.
Take a look a this fun, fast project from Jennifer Priest….this would be so cute for Halloween or holiday party favors.

Candy Holder
Jennifer Priest
California, USA
I’ve seen these cute little candy boxes for the last few years and have always wanted to make one. I have tried several times but could never get the ends to stay closed using regular adhesive and I didn’t want to use staples. Instead, I used the Bind-It-All to make a cute closure for these boxes that stays closed until you want to open it. I love using the Bind-It-All for projects other than binding, though that is pretty fun too.

Materials: patterned paper – Bo Bunny Press, Kaiser Craft; cardstock – Bazzill; bling – Me & My Big Ideas; stamp – Making Memories; ink – Close to My Heart, Colorbox Chalk; Glitter – Stickles by Ranger in Crystal; other: ribbon

General Instructions:
1. Cut paper to 6” x 6”. Without creasing the paper, slightly overlap the edges and adhere to make a cylinder. Flatten one end of the cylinder and insert into the Bind-It-All. Punch binding holes. Weave ribbon through the holes and then tie a bow to keep the end closed.
2. Rotate the tube 90 degrees and flatten the other end so it is perpendicular to the previously closed end (see photo of project to see what I mean). Insert into the Bind-It-All and punch binding holes. Add candy to the inside of the tube. Thread ribbon through the holes and tie a bow to close it. Add punched circles, stamping, or other embellishments to the outside of the tube.





4 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

So cute! What a unique way to use the Bind It All!!

voodoo vixen said...

Love this idea, makes a change from the crimped version... would also be great for smaller Christmas gifts!

Donna said...

What a wonderful idea, thanks for sharing. I just recieved a bind it all for my birthday and love seeing all the great projects you can do!

Jennifer Priest said...

Thanks for sharing my project!!