Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Party in My Studio

Lately, I haven't had a chance to really get out and "party"(meaning hanging out with friends). I do miss it some, but I also know that an evening in my studio is definitely party time for me. Having great supplies in my hands, a fun DVD to watch or music playing, and a favorite beverage nearby...well, that's a party to me! So, in honor of my party spot, I made a celebratory style banner. I love Zutter's pink O wire, and thought it would be fun to use it as an embellishment, rather than just as a practical tool. So on each pennant, I punched different numbers of holes in the covered Zutter chipboard, with my bind-it-all, threaded and bound the o wire, and then added little bobbles hanging from each. I did secure the bound area to the back of the pennant, using Helmar 450, so that it would not twirl around. I used Zutter chipboard for each of the pennants. I did them in two different styles for a funky look.
I've been using these vintage souvenir spoons on lots of projects lately. I found a bunch of them in a flea market several months ago....and they reminded me of my grandmother, who collected spoons on her travels. Grandma traveled with us on vacation a few times, and it was always fun to help her find that special spoon to commemorate the state or place we'd been. I added twine and a flower from Hydrangea Hippo (and most of the other embellishments came from HH, too...I just love all of it!), and glittered the inside of the spoon. That brings out my inner Mary Poppins....with a spoon full of sugar! I felt totally comfortable blinging this baby up as much as possible...because it was for me!
C-R-E-----A-T-E! What does it spell? Party! (Wait, no, Create!) hehe. Thanks so much for joining me today on the Zutter Zister's Blog! I hope you'll take the chance to party and create (which for me, is obviously the same thing!) What can you embellish with Zutter O wire? It's a fun challenge for today!

Zutter Products Used: Chipboard , Bind-It-All, 3.4" Pink O Wire
Other Products: Hydrangea Hippo (ribbons and embellishments), Webster's Pages (patterned papers)

2 comments:

the"divine"hand said...

LOVE all the different textures and elements on this one! Very pretty!!

D's Paper Studio said...

I love your banner! the Zutter rings are soooo perfect. I'm making a banner for my granddaughter's room and I just might have to incorporate this idea. Thanks for the comment on D's Paper Studio today.